How to change your address with USCIS and other government offices

The law requires most non-U.S. citizens to notify the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) of address changes within 10 days of moving. It is the sole responsibility of the person applying for immigration benefits for themselves or their family to ensure that USCIS has their updated address. Failure to provide written notice of a change of address is a misdemeanor and may affect your ability to acquire immigration benefits in the future.

In my column this week in La OpiniónI explain how to change your address with the USCIS, the Board of Immigration Appeals, and the U.S. Department of State.