USCIS authorizes payment of credit card fees for more procedures

UCIS- credit card payment

Starting today, it will be easier to pay fees for most immigration forms.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that it has expanded the number of forms for which credit card payments will be accepted, making the process easier for applicants.

The new payment option is available for 41 forms based on fees processed in the USCIS Lockbox.

Some of these forms include:

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

Form I-140, Immigrant Alien Worker Petition

Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Reentry into the United States After Deportation or Removal

Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Form I-485 Supplement A, Supplement to Form I-485, Adjustment of Status Under Section 245(i)

Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur

Form I-539, Application for Extension or Change of Nonimmigrant Status

Form I-601, Request for Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility

Form I-601A, Application for Provisional Waiver for Unlawful Presence

Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status


Applicants may pay by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover using Form G-1450, Credit Card Transaction Authorization.

According to USCIS, they will enter the credit card data into the system operated by the U.S. Treasury Department and then destroy the Form G-1450 to protect the applicant's credit card information.

This decision expands the use of credit cards for the payment of fees.

Currently, naturalization applicants and individuals who are renewing or replacing their Green Card may use a credit card when filing their application online. In addition, USCIS has been accepting credit card payments for naturalization forms filed at Secure Locations since 2015.